Leading building design safe, resilient, sustainable
- Provide leading research on passive solar thermal design, enabling reduced lifetime energy use
- Support design tools, guidance and information to incorporate life cycle thinking into building design
- Double volume from products that hold leading sustainable qualities
- Reduce supply chain risk
- Business Ethics and Whistleblower programs
Strong culture and care for our community
- Continued reductions in injury rates
- 100 Community activities each year
- Supporting charities like the Children's Cancer Institute
- Stretch target: 35% female senior executives
- Develop and implement a Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
- Invest in the transition to the hydrogen fuel economy
- Reduced potable water use in water stressed areas
- Drive progressive rehabilitation
- Year on year increase in recycled material use
- Over $2 million investment in emission abatement
- Stretch target 10% increase in gas efficiency at Austral Bricks plants by 2030 (Baseline FY18)
We are incrementally adopting the TCFC Recommendations, such as undertaking climate scenario analysis, identifying risks and responses. Through this process, long term carbon management strategies are being explored.
Understanding the impact we have on our planet is a responsibility we all share. Reducing emissions and mitigating operational effects is now imperative for any business. The good news is, we’re on the same journey as you – achieving sustainability targets and building a better future for both business and the planet.
Leading Building Design, Safe, Resilient, Sustainable
In an unpredictable world, those living in cities must be creative and adapt in order to withstand the shocks and stresses that this century is predicted to bring. Our bricks and concrete products are manufactured to provide resilience. They are durable, fire-proof, contain thermal mass for energy efficient design, excellent acoustic properties and no indoor air emissions (VOCs); and our clay bricks hold a 100-year guarantee. Building product companies have an important role to facilitate innovation through providing durable and naturally sustainable products. Brickworks is proud of its innovative product accomplishments. We were the first Company in Australia to provide Climate Active Certified Carbon Neutral Bricks to national and international markets. By 2025, we will double our volume of products sold in Australia that hold leading sustainable qualities.
10 benefits bricks offer for sustainable homes