About the Brickworks Graduate Programs
Making beautiful products that last forever starts by building great teams, and we are looking for high calibre graduates who have the potential to be the future leaders of our business.
Our 2-year Graduate Programs is an accelerated development program that equips our graduates with the experiences, knowledge and skills to move quickly into management roles at Brickworks. These are not roles for narrow technical specialists but for broadly capable, future operational leaders.
We have two Program streams we recruit into across our market-leading brands within the Brickworks Building Products group. These include: Austral Bricks, Bristile Roofing, Austral Masonry and Austral Precast.
As part of a broad, hands-on role, graduates will gain diverse experiences within the lab and production floor, including quality control, product development, process improvement as well across business planning, financial reporting, WHS and sales.
As part of a broad, hands-on role, you will gain diverse experiences across customer service, our design studio, field sales/business development management, marketing, pricing, finance, dispatch and plant operations.
Highlights of the Graduate Programs
- Learn and develop within a dynamic and rewarding team environment.
- Excel with training and mentoring programs, working with experienced leaders who will support you to achieve your career goals.
- Receive ongoing career coaching by a qualified Psychologist.
- Participate in projects designed to build your professional networks by meeting the company’s most experienced leaders at company events.
- Projects designed to develop your innovation and problem-solving skills and enable you to have a tangible business impact.
- Gain broad experience rotating through functional areas within your wider program scope.
We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and while a strong academic record and some previous work experience (even in an unrelated field) is important, we are looking for many other qualities. We have a clear vision and values, and we are looking for people who embody them.
We are looking for people who:
- Demonstrate leadership potential (either through their work experiences and/or extra-curricular activities)
- Are sales, business and customer focused (Business Graduate Program applicants only)
- Have a strong motivation to learn and develop
- Can build relationships and interact effectively with a diverse range of individuals
- Are achievement oriented and driven to deliver results through their resourcefulness
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are pragmatic and hands-on in style.
A valid driver’s licence and access to your own transport is essential. Some of our key projects are located across the country, so a willingness to relocate to other company sites when required is also desirable.
Our Graduate Programs begin in early February. Opportunities are advertised via the Brickworks website under Careers, as well as on Seek and LinkedIn in the second half of the year.
Graduate Programs / Locations
Within our business divisions of Brickworks, Austral Bricks, Austral Precast, Austral Masonry and Bristile Roofing, we are keen to hear from:
- Engineering Graduates majoring in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Chemical, Materials Science, Manufacturing or related degrees who have graduated within the last 5 years, or are due to graduate by Jan 2020; and
- Graduates from a business-related discipline who have graduated within the last 5 years, or are due to graduate by Jan 2020.
You will need to apply for our Graduate Programs online, where you will be asked to submit your CV, a cover letter, your academic transcript, evidence of your Australian residency or Australian/New Zealand citizenship and a copy of a valid driver’s licence.
If your application is successful in being progressed to the next stage you will be invited to an initial interview. Further success in progressing could see you invited to complete a series of online assessments and a second interview. From here, short-listed candidates will proceed to a pre-employment medical which includes drug screening and your referees will be contacted.
For more information about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our Talent Development Manager on (02) 9830 7764.